Thursday, June 19, 2014

Moving up... to THIRD GRADE!!!

It's been quite a summer break so far and there's been a few changes. I am now teaching 3rd grade! After the initial shock, I'm very excited about the new adventure/journey! Throughout my first year of teaching I found so many teaching blogs that have helped me along the way, and I've already found so many too help and guide me through this next chapter. So, I have been looking into methods used in this grade level and have come across those who use daily 5 and some who implement reader's workshop. This is something I plan on using, but it makes me a little nervous being able to keep up with everything that it entails.  Luckily for me TPT is a huge resource as a new teacher.

On another note... summer break has been great! My family took a little vacation and it was much needed! Our kids are IN LOVE with swimming, so we spent a lot of time in the pool. Now that we are back to reality, I am getting a few things wrapped up at home before summer school starts! This break will be gone before we know it and another school year will be in full swing.

Hope you all are enjoying your summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment