Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer Fun

This being my FIRST summer as a teacher, I’ve spent a lot of time prepping for the new school year! Having to change things up to use for 3rd grade has been exciting. BUT, it feels like my summer is flying by WAYYYY faster than it should, so here’s what Ive been up to!!


I got ahold of my teacher manuals for next year and I’ve started working on my lesson plans! I want to change things up this year since I will have the same students as last year. Amazon helped me out in this area! I purchased several books to help me gear up for reader’s workshop, literacy stations, guided reading, and guided math! The area I’ve struggled with is incorporating the basals into these methods of teaching. In hopes of not completely depending on the basals, I’ve purchased sets of books to do book studies and use during reader’s workshop. As always, TPT has been an amazing resource in helping me prepare for this year, and it’s taken a lot of stress out of moving grades!


The organizer pictured above has been an item I’ve been hunting for a LONG time! It seemed a little to pricey on some of the websites online. Well……..I found these at Sams Club for ONLY $25!!! SCORE!! I was super excited! (: These will be used to help me organize my weekly plans for all the workshops I will be implementing. Since I bought two, the other will organize the papers I will need to copy, file, etc.   


My notebooks for back to school are complete and ready to use! I put together a separate notebook for back to school because I needed to organize all those activities I have planned for the beginning weeks of school. Thanks to The Teacher Talk (Jesslica Williams) and her Back to School Third Grade product, I’m all set! 
The other notebook includes my Attendance Recording Sheets, grade book pages for the entire year, parent contact information, and my 3rd Grade TEKS Checklist. I’m a HUGE fan of notebooks so there are plenty more in the making! (:


Summer school started on the 30th! It’s 12 days that I’m working with students from 4th grade to 11th grade. I’ve always known my heart was in elementary and this experience has reinforced what I’ve already known! Working with the students in Algebra I and II make me miss those areas of learning though! Math has been the subject I’ve always loved because its challenging and I love learning the complex thinking the subject requires! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! 
The 4th of July has come and gone but the memories last forever! We had a very relaxing day! Since my husband is off at work, we spent the day with my family! the boys played in the pool, as I relaxed in the sun getting my tan on! (: Later that night we enjoyed the fireworks show and some great entertainment at the local park! 

Yesterday I visited my FAVORITE place! I collected some new decor for my room as well as some necessities for the workshops. My main goal was to find a filing cabinet on our trip to San Antonio. After numerous attempts to find one on sale or even at a scratch and dent I finally found one! It was used BUT I only paid $19 for it! So, my first crafty projects will be sprucing up the filing cabinet and making one of the teacher organizing toolboxes! I’m not very crafty so we shall see how this goes!

Hope you all had an amazing fourth of July and continue enjoying your summer! 

1 comment: